Feb 11, 2009

Finally I have something finished! I was busy doing a couple of projects until i bought the new Just Cross Stitch mag for this month and I fell totally in love with the Though far apart design and thought it was the perfect gift for my Aunt fran.I have missed her alot since we have moved out of Ontario last fall so it will be a great little giftie for her and I hope it will brighten up her day.








I used my own colours,I seem to always do that lately.I ordered some beautiful Simply Shaker threads from The Gentle Art and I LOVE them.

For the pink,cause who doesn't love pink houses? I used the Rhubarb ( I think this is my very favourite) for the lettering I used Freedom.The green is Green Pasture and the gold is Mustard Seed.

Got to get a frame on the weekend and get this sent asap.

Hope you are all doing good..I can't wait to get back to my other project,I don't care for stitching a million things at once.i don't seem to get any of them done then lol.

talk soon!


7 comments:

Siobhán said...

Oooh, I love it! Beautiful. I saw it in the magazine & it didn't do anything for me. Now I see it with your color changes and it's a must stitch. I love those Shaker colors! I want to do a Quaker sampler & just pull from the Simply Shaker line willy-nilly.

Anyhoo, great stuff, your aunt will love it.

Julie said...

Such a pretty and dainty finish.

Melissa said...

It looks lovely, Sue. I'm sure your aunt will really enjoy it.

Annemarie said...

Oh, how sweet, Sue! I'm sure your Aunt will love it.
I usually work on about twenty projects at the same time, and I don't like that very much either! One main project a month, that's my goal :o)

mainely stitching said...

It's DELIGHTFUL! Sure to cheer your aunt up to no end!

Casa Cuori Colori said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! It's really a pleasure, because I've discovered your blog and...it's so pretty, beautiful works and pictures, great!!! I'll visit soon :))
Greeetings from Switzerland,
Claudia

Natasha said...

Oh I love this little design. I have this on my to do list for my Aunt as well.

Did you stitch this over1. It looks great
Natasha