Jan 27, 2009

this is the Beatrix potter WIP I've been working on now and again.I stopped it for awhile because I was just not feeling the love for the DMC Linen and then I wasn't sure if I should go with just one colour.But the thought of starting all over again...I'm glad I just put it away for a little bit because now I'm happy with it again.The actual chart is really beautiful and I love doing every spot.


I treated myself to a couple of charts.I also bought my linen on the weekend at the fabric store.They were having a huge close out sale so I got it for a amazing price.I should have enough linen for the year if not more,and if I get bored with the colour of it I will just dye it up.

I really wanted to make the family cross stitch stocking this year but my daughter told me today she wasn't too fussy with the Shepherd's Bush stocking pattern (can you imagine?) so if anyone wants to trade with me for a different pattern I'm all for it.

talk soon!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Loving your choice of colours on the BP.

Great bargain, my LNS is useless, all kits and thread only, thank goodness for ONS!

mainely stitching said...

Hooray that BP is making you happy again! I'm not a huge fan of the DMC linen either, but once you get into a groove with it ... it's not bad. ;)

Annemarie said...

I know I'm in a minority here, but I just love these linen threads! By the way, the name of the wax that helps make these linen threads a little easier to work with is called "Thread Heaven Thread Conditioner".
Love the colours so far!

Siobhán said...

Your BP is beautiful! What a clever idea to do the motifs in different colors. I enjoyed my look around your blog, you do such lovely work!